Pink Purls

Jumping on the bandwagon since 1977...

Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Swap Parner is a TOTAL Sweetheart

I got the box from my Lime N Violet Yarn Pr0n Swap partner!!!!!!!!!! Sarah totally rocks and sent me some really awesome stuff AND my box had a pink theme! Not to worry Sarah - I REALLY do love pink. Here is a sample of things from my purse:


See? I loooooove pink.
Anyway, on to the contents of the box... There was some really nice Rowan cotton in pink, of course, and a nice Cider Moon pattern for wristwarmers to make with the yarn. There also was some silky bamboo tape yarn and a lovely pattern to make a simple shawl with this yarn. I am really excited to try some of the bamboo stuff after all the buzz about it lately. (Sorry - yarn is at home and I'm at work so I don't know the yarn's names exactly!)
Also, Sarah MADE these stitch markers:
Teeney-tiny animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A seal, a sheep, a turtle, a pig, a duck, a polar bear, a killer whale, and a penguin.
I was completely blown away by the detail of these stitch markers - the sheep has texture to its coat, the turtle has little scales, the penguin is all dressed up for the cold, etc. Simply amazing and I just adore them!
Sarah also sent me a ton of other goodies from her locality (Wales). There was an uber-cute dragon which I thought was appropriate because the name of her blog is "Dragons Do Knit!" I also got some Addi DPNs and teddy bear needle huggers which I NEED because I am always pulling knitting out of my purse and finding all the stitches have fallen off the needles.
Addis and Needle Huggers
Anyway, I throughly enjoyed my box's contents and the thoughtfulness of Sarah. Everything was just perfect and so sweet! Thanks again Sarah!!!!!!!!!!
I also sent my box off to my other swapee, Kathy. Check out her blog - she is a crazy prolific sock knitter! I sent her some Interlacements sock yarn and some Lisa Souza BFL fiber. I myself don't spin but did enjoy squeezing the fiber - so soft!
Pretty yarn and Squishy fiber

I also sent off some candies and a nice smelly candle:

Yum!

As far as knitting goes, I've been working on Sarcelle. The pattern is very unique and I have it memorized now but that Merino Oro is so thin that I have to pay attention to every stitch or else I'd have a billionty mistakes. So basically, this really limits the amount of time I have to work on the project.

Flicca is coming along nicely though - it is a simple rib with HUGE yarn so I can knit on it in the dark even. It will *hopefully* be done soon.

And the Jaywalkers? I haven't picked them up in several weeks.

The good news is that I am quitting my job so I will soon have more time to knit! :)

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

You forgot to mention the beautiful stitch markers you sent me as well! And that roving sure is squishy. Wow, you quit your job, that sounds like heaven! I'd love to do that but I need the money for yarn!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]