Pink Purls

Jumping on the bandwagon since 1977...

Monday, October 02, 2006

Stitches advice, anyone?

So I am considering go to Stitches East in November. My family lives in Maryland, only about an hour from Baltimore, so lodging and such would be free. I have never been to such an event and wonder if my marriage will remain intact after my husband sees how much money I have dropped on yet MORE yarn. Here is the complete lists of vendors: http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/html/east/marketfloor.php OMG.

I know there are classes and such there but I plan on just buying yarn to pad the stash. I wonder though - do I need to get there as soon as the door opens to get the good stuff? I imagine that it could get a bit like a stampede...

In other news, about two weeks ago I started these Broadripple socks from an older Knitty. Over the weekend I finished the first sock and got the the heel on the second. I am using the Northern Lights colorway in Cherry Tree Hill's Supersock and I just love that yarn. I don't know why I don't hear knitters sing it praises more often. Last night I placed an order (per direction of the fabulous girls from Lime and Violet) of Lisa Souza's Merino Sock in the Marsquake color. Can't wait until it gets here!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]