Pink Purls

Jumping on the bandwagon since 1977...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

OMG, I'm going to swoon


So, after I left a standard mediocre day at work last night I checked my mail on the way up the driveway. Expecting the usual - bills, and more bills, and those stupid flyers that jam up your box. Instead there was this LOVELY skein Merino Sock! in Marsquake from Lisa Souza. And seriously, I was all like WTF because I just ordered it over the weekend! Anyway, the yarn is sooooo soft and the colors are even more lovely than in this picture. AND, it was only $16 for over 500 yards! The yarn might be a teeney bit more fine than the other sock yarns I am used to working with but maybe it is just my imagination. It took all my control to not immediately wind this into a ball and start a new pair of socks right away. (But this is what has made me the queen of UFOs and I am determined to change my ways sooooo...) Here is another shot of it out of the skein band:

















Instead of immedately playing my new yarn, I was a good girl and instead went full speed on my Broadripple socks (sorry for the crappy color of this pic) so that I can move onto the next project. No second sock syndrome this time... I WILL finish these puppies tonight!

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM , Blogger Alliesw said...

Hi, just found you on Knitters Review. Oh, what beautiful yarn! I am waiting on some Lisa Souza myself--can't wait! Hope your broadripples turned out great; I love that pattern and have made it several times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]