Pink Purls

Jumping on the bandwagon since 1977...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Life gets in the way of knitting

So I had planned to finish by Broadripple socks last night but a *minor* car accident issue got in the way of my knitting so I really only worked maybe 20 rows or so on them last night. So annoyed, but I WILL finish them today. (At work, if I am lucky).

Anyway, with the Broadripples so close to completion I am contemplating my next project. I joined Socktoberfest yesterday and am thinking of making these next:

They are the Snowflake socks from MagKnits and the link can be found here. I think I will make them knee socks (since they are oh so popular this season) and will probably do them in a solid brown or black color (I like the idea of white socks buuuuut... I have two dogs and a three year-old) to peek out from under my knee-high boots. The pattern calls for Lorna's Laces but I was thinking Koigu. Anyone have any suggestions for an online shop that sells Koigu and ships fast (I'm into immediate gratification)????

I found the coolest thing last night while surfing the net: Yarn Safaris. They pick you up and take to to either pre-arranged or custon yarn shop tours around New England. So it would be like a stitch n bitch on the bus ride combined with going to multiple shops and getting to buy lots of stuff and getting to oogle other knitter's purchases too! I would hate to think about how much money I would drop. If they organize a trip to Patterworks I'm definately going - I think it only like two hours or so from me but I don't know that many local knitters and my husband and non-knitting friends are certainly not going to drive up to New Hampshire for what they see as simply "string". :)

On a side note: do any bloggers out there know how to move my sidebar info up to the top of the page? It currently appears half-way down the page. Odd.

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM , Blogger Alliesw said...

I saw that pattern too and like it a lot. But I had the same thought about me and white socks (dogs, kids, etc. etc.) I don't think I have the endurance for knee socks (at least not for me!)--can't wait to see how they look. I've never bought koigu online, so can't help you there, good luck!

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger AR said...

Those will be pretty. I agree on the white thing, though. They'd be ruined if I wore them!

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger Lexy Girl said...

I love that pattern, thanks for the idea!

I'm just knitting my first ever pair of socks... but already I"m looking at things that are far to complicated, go figure ;-)

have a good one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]